IWC will be making 100 piece limited editon Portuguese automatic “Tribeca Film Festival” in stainless steel
If you remember, I wrote an Article last month about how IWC will be supporting the Tribeca Festival which you can check out here. In the article, I mentioned they were doing a very special one out of one limited Platinum Portuguese Automatic edition “Tribeca Film Festival” This watch will be auctioned off by Antiquorum Auctioneers in NYC April 10th 2013.
In conjunction, IWC have decided to produce a very limited 100 piece stainless steel edition of the same watch. Like the platinum edition, the entire proceeds of the sale of this watch will got to support the Tribeca Film Institute. This unique limited edition will be available at IWC boutiques for the US market exclusively.
This limited edition watch in stainless steel will have all the same functions and properties as the unique 1/1 platinum edition and will look relatively similar except this watch will have stainless steel Arabic numerals instead of red gold Arabic numerals.
This nuance of changing the Arabic numerals to stainless steel differentiates the two timepieces completely as well as gives it a completely different aesthetic ensuring its own identity. This stainless steel “Tribeca Film Festival” limited edition IWC Portuguese will retail for $13,600 and is already available for pre-order and will be released next month exclusively at IWC boutiques only.
Technical specs for the IWC Portuguese Automatic Edition “Tribeca Film Festival”
- Mechanical movement with automatic Pellaton winding system and 7-day power reserve
- Date display
- Small hacking seconds at 9 o’clock
- Breguet spring
- Rotor with 18-carat gold medallion bearing the logo of the Tribeca Film Festival
- Limited edition of 100 watches with the engraving “One out of 100”
- Available exclusively from official IWC retailers in the USA
- Materials: stainless-steel case with slate-colored dial, claret-colored small seconds and power reserve subdials, black alligator leather strap with stainless-steel folding clasp
- Glass: sapphire, convex, antireflective coating on both sides
- Back: see-through sapphire-glass back
- Water-resistant: 3 bar
- Diameter: 42.3 mm
- Case height: 14 mm
- Calibre: 51011
- Frequency: 21,600 A/h / 3 Hz
- Jewels: 42
- Power reserve: 7 days (168 h)
- Winding: automatic